Details for Southern Area Agency of Aging Notice of Intent
PUBLIC NOTICE OF INTENT
Southern Area Agency on Aging (SAAA), in behalf of its subcontractors in the City of Martinsville and Pittsylvania County, proposes to provide fixed route and demand response transportation throughout the City of Martinsville and the County of Pittsylvania. Funds are being requested from the Commonwealth of Virginia to purchase one (1) 14 Passenger Body on Chassis van with wheelchair lift and one (1) 5 Passenger Minivan with ramp through the FTA Section 5310 Program to replace two (2) older, high mileage vehicles currently being used in the two localities. In addition, SAAA is seeking funds, under the FTA Section 5310 Program, to continue coordination and service implementation activities under its Mobility Management Program, for the West Piedmont District.
We invite any interested public or private transit or Para-transit operators in the City of Martinsville and County of Pittsylvania to comment on the proposed services by sending a written notice by February 1st, 2020 to Department of Rail and Public Transportation – Public Transportation Division, 600 E. Main Street, Suite 2102, Richmond Virginia 23219 and to Southern Area Agency on Aging 204 Cleveland Avenue, Martinsville, Virginia 24112.
- UPDATE: Man rescued from sinking mud in Chatham
- Heating system causes fire at Riverside Lanes
- Supervisors change tax due date, enact higher illegal dumping fines
- Driver in September crash that killed 19-year-old indicted for manslaughter
- Victims identified in Oakland Avenue fire
- Saunders announces re-election campaign
- Danville police investigating a empty car found driven into a house
- Winter weather advisory issued for Danville, Pittsylvania County
- Federal Grand Jury indicts four Axton men associated with Jalisco New Generation Cartel (CJNG)
- Update: county and city schools to dismiss early
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Star-Tribune News Updates
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!