Fire investigation

A cigarette is being blamed for a fire at Norris Funeral Home Monday.

A fire at Norris Funeral Home on Franklin Turnpike is being ruled as caused by a cigarette according to Pittsylvania County Fire Marshal Terry Kelly.

Fire officials were called to the scene after 2:15 p.m. Monday, June 17 for the fire which burned some landscaping and a small portion of the roof. 

A funeral service had to be evacuated due to the fire. 

No one was hurt or injured according to Kelly. 

Blairs, Mount Hermon, and Tunstall responded to the call. 

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.