A home on Ringgold Church Road sustained damage late this afternoon from a fire that initially started from smoldering mulch. Dispatched as a mulch fire, upon arrival the Ringgold Volunteer Fire Department found fire from the mulch had spread under the home and into the crawl space. As the home began filling with smoke, firefighters were able to cut a hole in the floor of the home and extinguish the blaze. Kentuck Volunteer Fire Department and Blairs Volunteer Fire Department assisted. The American Red Cross was on the scene assisting the residents of the home.
- Danville police arrest Moore without incident
- Solar project gets unanimous vote from BZA
- Former Gretna hotel owner pleads guilty to embezzlement
- Chatham Public House to close Friday
- Vehicle recovered, Moore remains at large
- Board of Supervisors to consider $96 million courts and jail concept
- Hank Norton: ‘The Mountain’ and Deltaville are part of the legend
- Police investigating afternoon shooting in Danville
- Hank Norton: He was the good road chosen
- Pittsylvania County Sheriff's Office warns of scam
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Star-Tribune News Updates
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!