House Fire GXX

The Danville Fire Department this weekend received a call for a possible structure fire at 139 Longview Avenue. The call was received shortly after 8 p.m. Friday evening.

Three engines, one ladder truck and two support vehicles initially responded with 16 personnel.

The first arriving engine found a ranch home with heavy fire and smoke showing from the front windows. Smoke was also coming from the eaves all the way around the home.

Fire crews entered the home to find a large volume of fire in two bedrooms, strong and efficient work brought the fire under control quickly while additional personnel searched the home through the smoke for possible occupants. No occupants or pets were at home during the fire.

There was extensive smoke, heat and flame damage to most of the residence and the home is not habitable.

Fire units were on scene for approximately three and a half hours and were assisted by the Danville Life Saving Crew, the Danville Police Department, and Water and Gas.

"The Danville Fire Department would like to take this opportunity to remind our citizens to check that you have working smoke detectors in your home," said Cpt. Dave Gunnell.

The fire has been investigated by the Danville Fire Department Fire Marshals Office and determined to be caused by a cell phone charger left on a bed.

The family was assisted by the American Red Cross as the house was heavily damaged.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.