The United Steelworkers Local 831 of the Danville Goodyear plant is awaiting word on its five-year agreement with the company this is set to expire at 6 p.m. tonight. Earlier this month, 96% of its membership voted in favor of a strike if negotiations fail to bring the desired results.
Southside News Today
Summer unofficially ends for kids in Danville and Pittsylvania County; No one was hurt in water rescue;Federal judge dismisses suit brought by former owner of new Danville Police headquarters; Local baseball legend became Detroit baseball legend.
Today's most clicked stories.
- Former county administrator files assault and battery charge
- Arrested for possession of meth
- Danville City Council approves agreement with federal judges
- Police arrest Danville man in shooting incident
- Chatham considers demolishing structures
- Health department expands rabies investigation
- Dozens of youth enjoy an epic river experience for first time
- Two fishermen, pet were successfully rescued from the Dan River
- ‘Altavista Carnival’ to kickstart new school year with a bang
- Building a business the Dewberry Way
Watch Caesar's Being Built in Danville
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.