Parler

Logging onto Parler.com on Google Chrome displays this webpage, as of 11 a.m. Monday morning.

The alternative social media app Parler, founded in 2018, exploded following Twitter's decision to permanently ban President Donald Trump's account Friday.

However, just since yesterday, Amazon, Google and Apple have all barred the app from their web provision platforms. The app is now inaccessible to Parler's entire audience, both unable to be downloaded and unable to be accessed for those who had previously downloaded the application.

As of 12 a.m. this morning, the app is effectively erased from the internet, citing "posts that clearly encourage and incite violence."

Parler CEO John Matze said Amazon is "completely remov[ing] free speech off the internet," but assured his user base that the app will resurface under a new web host. 

"We will try our best to move to a new provider right now as we have many competing for our business," Matze said.

Apple officials claimed in a public statement that Parler's response to violent posts on its platform were "inadequate." The social media site has been labeled a haven for conservatives who claim to have been censored by other conventional social media sites.

Amazon Web Services said it was clear that Parler's process to comply with the AWS terms of service was ineffective, and claimed it had nearly 100 examples of violence incitation that were either unaddressed or addressed improperly by Parler policy staff.

"[Apple] will be banning Parler until we give up free speech, institute broad and invasive policies like Twitter and Facebook and we become a surveillance platform by pursuing guilt of those who use Parler before innocence," Matze said. "They claim it is due to violence on the platform. The community disagrees as we hit No. 1 on their store today."

Matze promised his user base that the app will be "rebuilt" in the near future and will be accessible in an app store outside of Google Play and Apple, which he called a "software monopoly."

This was a timely and relevant attack on Apple, CNN Business reported, being that an antitrust suit against Apple is ongoing from Fortnite maker Epic Games.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.